If you have DUI charges, your Orting DUI lawyer will discuss factors that influence how alcohol reacts in your body and effects driving. These variables can impact how quickly you absorb alcohol after drinking and the validity of possible chemical testing administered during your arrest. Therefore, your Orting DUI lawyer will likely ask you detailed questions in the following areas. Your candor can help the evaluation process. While your Orting DUI attorney can’t promise an acquittal or plea, an accurate case analysis will help.
Events on the Night of Your Arrest
Expect your Orting DUI lawyer to want as much information as you can recall about the circumstances leading to your arrest. These questions may center on the following topics:
- When did you begin drinking?
- When did you stop drinking?
- How much did you drink?
- How long between your last drink and when you got behind the wheel?
- When did you last eat?
Your Orting DUI attorney will undoubtedly ask things like:
- What did the police note about your driving?
- Is there anything else that may have distracted you while driving (phone, music,)?
- Did you know the route you were taking?
- Is there anything wrong about what the officer said?
Though it may sometimes feel uncomfortable to answer, your Orting DUI lawyer will need to know the following:
- Your age, height, weight, race.
- How often do you drink?
- Are you an alcoholic?
- Do you have any medical conditions (diabetes, epilepsy, drug use?
- What are your sleep patterns?
Keep in mind that even though you may feel that truthful answers to some of these questions may hurt your case, it is better for you in the long run to be honest. Indeed, forthright answers to the above questions will help your Orting DUI lawyer accurately evaluate your case.
If You Have Questions or Need Legal Representation
If you have been arrested and charged with DUI, even a first offense can cause considerable harm. It is important to have an advocate on your side who will fight for you. For experienced legal advice in dealing with DUI charges, contact an Orting DUI lawyer at Greene & Lloyd PLLC. Call (253) 770-0808.