For your convenience we video conference and sign all forms electronically.
There’s nothing scarier than driving to work on a weekday or driving to the park on a Saturday afternoon and then being slammed into by another vehicle. Car collisions can result in broken bones, concussions, burns and lacerations. Car accidents are among the leading causes of death and injury in America, and when it happens to you it is frightening and disorienting. A car accident lawyer in Puyallup can help you get the compensation you deserve if you’ve been injured.
These accidents are made even worse if the other driver was distracted, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or texting on their phone while at the wheel. It is tragic when motorists are injured or killed in a crash that could have been prevented.
If you or a family member has been hurt in a vehicle collision, contact a skilled and experienced car accident lawyer in Puyallup who can fight for your rights. The attorneys at Greene & Lloyd, PLLC have years of experience successfully representing clients who have been injured or killed in car, truck and motorcycle accidents. We will work hard to achieve a settlement agreement or jury award that provides you with financial compensation. For a free initial consultation about your case, call us at 253-770-0808.
How Do I Find The Best Car Accident Attorney in Puyallup?
There are a lot of attorneys out there to choose from, but all attorneys are not created equal. Some are simply better than others. You want to make sure you select a car accident lawyer in Puyallup that has a proven track record of winning cases on behalf of clients. The lawyers at Greene & Lloyd, PLLC are among the best car accident attorneys in Washington state. We are both compassionate with our clients who have suffered and forceful when we go toe-to-toe with insurance companies. We will fight tirelessly to win the compensation our clients need to cover medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. Our client testimonials speak to the satisfaction and approval we have received from those we serve.
In addition to car accidents, our attorneys represent clients who have been in an accident with a motorcycle or an accident with a truck. All of these kinds of accidents can be deadly or cause life-long debilitating injuries. Entire families are thrown into chaos when a crash occurs. A skilled car accident attorney in Puyallup will fight for the financial compensation you deserve so you and your family can begin to heal and move on with life.
Car Accident Lawyers Work On Contingency
You may be wondering if you can afford car accident lawyers. Put these worries to rest. At Greene & Lloyd, PLLC, our car accident lawyers work on contingency, which means we don’t get paid until you get paid. You do not need any money up front to hire us. Our legal fees are paid by the defendant as part of a settlement agreement or jury award. If for any reason your case is not successful, then you owe us nothing. A lack of funds up front should never be a reason to avoid hiring a car accident lawyer in Puyallup. To find out more about how we can help, call us at 253-770-0808. The initial consultation is free.
Car Accident Attorneys Explain What To Do Immediately After a Crash
If you have been involved in a vehicle crash, these are suggested steps to take to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights:
- Seek medical attention right away. Your health is the No. 1 priority immediately after a car accidents, and this means accepting treatment by EMTs responding to the scene or going directly to an urgent care center or doctor’s office after the crash occurs. Follow the directions of medical personnel to ensure your safety and prevent further injury.
- Call the police so they can file a report. Immediately after an accident, call 911 and ask that a police officer respond to the scene. You will need a police report to file a claim with your insurance company, and a police report will be a valuable document in any future civil lawsuits.
- Get contact information from the other driver and witnesses nearby. Be sure to write down the name, phone number, driver’s license and insurance information of the other driver. If there are witnesses who saw the crash happen, ask for their names and contact information, too. Your attorney may need to contact witnesses in the future to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Take pictures of the crash site and your injuries. If you are able, use your mobile phone to take pictures of the crash site, damage to the vehicles, and any lacerations and injuries you sustained in the wreck. A picture is worth a thousand words, and photographs will be an important part of your lawsuit. It is especially important to take photos of skid marks, guard rails, and other location-specific evidence before this evidence is lost or removed.
- Do not say anything that acknowledges fault. Answer police officers’ questions politely and briefly at the crash site, but do not engage in conversation with the other driver, and do not say anything about whose fault the accident was. The less you say the better.
- Do not sign anything. If you are contacted after the accident by the other driver’s insurance company, do not engage in conversation and do not sign anything. The goal of insurance companies is to get you to settle for as little money as possible, and they will work aggressively and sometimes sneakily to get you to sign away your rights.
- Hire a car accident lawyer in Puyallup right away. A skilled attorney can interview witnesses, gather evidence, scour police reports, and build a strong legal case on your behalf that seeks financial compensation for your injuries. Data shows that people represented by attorneys achieve significantly larger financial payouts than do people who try to represent themselves in court.
If you have questions about how a car accident lawyer in Puyallup can help you win your case, call us free of charge at 253-770-0808.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents
There are thousands of car accidents every year in Washington state and around the nation.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 36,560 people died in motor vehicle crashes nationwide in 2018, down 2.4 percent from the 37,473 who died in 2017. NHTSA is a U.S. government agency that is part of the Department of Transportation, and it collects national traffic safety statistics. NHTSA data shows that in 2018 fatalities declined in accidents involving drivers/passengers in cars, vans, SUVs and motorcycles. But fatality rates rose in accidents involving large trucks, pedestrians and bicyclists.
Common causes of car accidents include:
- Driver fatigue and sleepiness. Commercial drivers particularly are often pushing delivery deadlines and can be tired or sleepy when alone at the wheel.
- Driver distraction due to texting, talking, looking in a mirror or tuning a radio. There are many ways drivers can be distracted while behind the wheel causing them to take their eyes off the road. Many states now have laws making it illegal to talk or text on the phone while driving.
- Driver impairment due to alcohol, drugs or other mind-altering substances. There are drunk driving laws for a reason, and these are designed to keep people off the road who have been drinking alcohol or abusing street or prescription drugs.
- Inclement weather. Snow, ice, thunderstorms, and high winds can cause precarious driving conditions and limited visibility making driving dangerous.
- Road conditions. Potholes, missing guardrails, construction sites, and debris on the road can cause accidents for unsuspecting drivers.
- Vehicle defects. Malfunctioning brakes, defective engines, broken headlights, and other vehicle defects can cause accidents. In these cases, vehicle manufacturers can sometimes be held liable for crashes.
Contact A Car Accident Lawyer In Puyallup Today
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a vehicle crash, a car accident lawyer in Puyallup can help you get the financial compensation you deserve. It will never make up for the suffering or loss that you have endured, but it can help you and your family move forward with life. Car accidents often result in broken bones, concussions, traumatic brain injuries, internal organ damage, burns and lacerations. Such injuries mean mounting medical bills, time off work, rehabilitation and an uncertain future. A car accident lawyer in Puyallup can file a legal claim on your behalf and fight for your rights. You don’t want to get stuck with these costs, especially if the accident was not your fault. To learn more about how the attorneys at Greene & Lloyd, PLLC can help, call us for a free consultation at 253-770-0808.