For your convenience we video conference and sign all forms electronically.
If you’re seriously injured in an accident, contact our personal injury attorneys in Puyallup. Your injuries may be severe, impacting your ability to support yourself and your family. Missed time at work means less income, while medical bills start to pile up. We all need help at some point in our life. This may be one of those times for you. A personal injury lawyer can help you get the treatment you need and deal with insurance companies while you focus on recovery and your family.
Greene & Lloyd could be the difference between a fair settlement for all you’ve been through and what the insurance company hopes you will take to make you quietly go away. Personal injury law is highly specialized. Many of our cases are referrals from other attorneys who understand that we will represent their clients better than they can. They trust us to get results and treat their clients well, and so can you.
Our Puyallup Personal Injury Lawyers Help Clients After a Wide Range of Accidents
If you’re injured because of another person or company, you may be able to be compensated for the harm suffered. Your Washington Lawyers at Greene & Lloyd can represent you after an injury happened in any number of situations.
- Car accidents: If an accident happened, someone probably broke the law, didn’t follow the rules of the road, or was driving carelessly.
- Truck Accidents: An accident with a semi can be a devasting event. If the driver, company, or manufacturer where negligent, you need an attorney to hold them accountable.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are often caused by vehicle drivers who are distracted, aren’t paying attention, don’t see the motorcycle, and turn in front of it.
- Pedestrian accidents: Vehicle drivers don’t see a person crossing the road or drive off the road and onto a sidewalk where the person is walking.
- Slips and falls: Property owners and those renting property must keep their premises reasonably safe and free of hazards.
- Medical malpractice: Sometimes a health care professional provides treatment that falls below the appropriate medical standard of care and the patient is injured. Medical malpractice can involve anyone providing care or expertise in some way, including physicians, surgeons, nurses, radiologists, pathologists, paramedics, and pharmacists.
- Dog bites: In Washington, dog owners and keepers are liable for injuries caused by dog bites if the injured person didn’t provoke the dog and was in a public place or a private place where they had permission to be.
- Assault and battery: Those injured by intentional attacks can seek compensation from their attackers. Depending on the circumstances, other negligent parties who played a role might also be liable.
- Wrongful death: If a death is caused by an intentional act or the negligence of another party, the next of kin may be able to obtain compensation from those responsible.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Puyallup Help Clients with Negligence Cases
Nearly all personal injury cases are based on negligence claims. Whether you were injured after you slipped and fell, were struck by a car while riding your motorcycle, or a commercial truck collided with your vehicle on the highway, these cases need to be proved by using negligence law.
Accidents usually happen because someone made a mistake. They did something they shouldn’t have done. They did something but did it poorly. They failed to do something when they should have acted. But it’s not enough just to show that the defendant made a mistake.
Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
To make a legal case, there needs to be proof that someone’s negligent actions caused harm.
There is an obligation to act reasonably to keep others safe. Not doing so can be negligence.
- A driver must obey the laws and not speed, ignore stop signs or drive while intoxicated. Store management needs to keep floors safe so customers won’t fall and injure themselves. A bus company needs to keep its buses maintained so passengers and others won’t get hurt in an accident.
Ways a person can fail to keep others from harm.
- A driver high on illegal drugs drove too fast, missed a stop sign, and caused an accident. A trucking company didn’t secure a load, which spilled out onto a highway. A doctor didn’t treat you up to the acceptable standard of care because he didn’t order the right tests, so a correct diagnosis was missed.
Someone may cause an accident or make a mistake that caused your injury.
- A car crash at an intersection left you with a broken hip and internal injuries. Slipping and falling on a store’s floor caused a severe concussion that has left you with constant headaches. Treatment for your medical condition will be much longer and more difficult because you weren’t diagnosed as quickly as you should have been.
As a result of that injury, you suffered damages, which is a way to measure the harm done in dollars.
- You’ve gone through pain and suffering. Your income is reduced and you have medical bills to pay. You’ll face more medical treatment, more bills and less income in the future.
- Under Washington law, the defendant is obligated to compensate you for this harm.
Why You Should Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer Right After Your Injury
If you’re injured in an accident, get medical attention as soon as possible. If you’re unable to drive, use an ambulance. If you can drive, go to the nearest emergency department. Even if you think your injuries are minor, see a physician as soon as you can. A full exam can help identify injuries you can’t feel. An early diagnosis can also lead to prompt treatment and a faster recovery.You also need to protect your legal rights by documenting your injuries as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the chances increase that the insurance company will claim the accident didn’t cause your injuries.
Next, talk to a Greene & Lloyd personal injury attorney in Puyallup. You need to know what to do and not do to protect your rights. If another party caused the accident, there’s a good chance the company or person has an insurance policy that could cover your claim. What you do and say after the accident can impact whether your claim will be successful and how much you’ll recover. If you give the insurance company an excuse to deny your claim or limit what it will pay, that’s what will happen.
How You Can Hurt Your Personal Injury Case
Representing yourself in a personal injury claim is a bad idea, because you don’t know what you’re doing. You probably don’t understand personal injury law or what insurance will cover. You don’t have all the facts of the accident. You lack experience and knowledge about how to negotiate effectively. You don’t know the value of your case. You may demand an amount far less than it’s worth, or the amount may be so high the insurance company won’t take you seriously.
Personal injury cases are built on facts. After we’re retained, we will investigate your accident. We will find out what happened, why, and who is responsible. We may hire outside experts to find the facts and use them to recreate the accident.
Tacoma Personal Injury Lawyers You Can Trust
If you have suffered a severe injury in an accident, your life has been turned upside down. You’re no longer leading a productive life, working to support your family, and enjoying your time with others. You may need pain medication to get through the day. You’ve had surgery in the past and may need more in the future. Physical therapy is part of your life and that may continue for a long time. Because of your reduced income, along with medical bills, it’s just a matter of time before financially you’re in a hole.
Not only do you need medical and financial help, you need legal help, too. Greene & Lloyd can help you get the medical care you need and the compensation you deserve. We will deal with the insurance company so you can recover with peace of mind.
Greene & Lloyd’s Tacoma personal injury lawyers will investigate your accident, demand a fair settlement from the insurance company, and negotiate on your behalf. If the insurance carrier isn’t being reasonable, we will go to court. We are tough litigators who will tell your story to the jury, show why the defendant is at fault, and establish why you should be compensated.
Call Our Team of Personal Injury Lawyers for Help Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in an accident, call our office at 253-770-0808. You and your family deserve to have effective counsel in your corner, fighting for the most compensation possible. Greene & Lloyd accident and injury attorneys have helped hundreds of accident victims throughout Puyallup, Olympia, Tacoma, Kirkland, Ellensburg, Moses Lake, Spokane, and Kennewick. We can do the same for you. Wishful thinking and hope won’t protect your legal rights or get you the fair settlement you deserve. We will.